Guaranteeing safety when using any material handling equipment is paramount. Having worked with hundreds of forklift operators across the country, we always stress care and these 5 tips:
1. Pre-Delivery Inspection – it’s integral that any machinery you rent, lease or purchase has a valid Thorough Examination Certificate, signalling that it meets LOLER regulations.
2. Delivery & Inspection – it may seem obvious, but whether you’re buying or renting used machines, always check the condition they’re in. Little things like dents, bumps and missing paint aren’t great signs of maintenance.
3. Read The Manual – every vehicle we supply comes with its own Safety Manual. And it’s integral that you familiarise yourself with how to use the machine, how to spot potential problems and how to do number 4.
4. Daily Maintenance Checks – put this on your task list as soon as the machinery turns up. Checking oil, testing lights, maintaining water levels and inspecting your tyre treads should all be completed daily.
5. Training – a simple question. Do you possess the right operational training? Does the rest of your team have the correct licences if they’re going to be using it? If you’re not sure what you need, you can always ask the team at HGW. We also have a training team on hand should you need them.
There you have it. Our Top 5 Tips to help guarantee you’re in the best place maintenance wise.